Blogger Layouts

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Time change

I'm not sure if I love it or hate it yet. Emma seems to take more efficient naps the past week, but that could be totally coincidental. She still goes to bed at the same time every evening (7pm) but I'm sure going to bed when it's still light out is pretty confusing for her. Luckily it hasn't been that much of a struggle. But getting up for the day when it's still dark out? That's what I have a problem with. Emma has her own little internal clock that goes off around 6:40 every morning. That didn't change when the time shift did. It confuses the daylights (no pun intended) out of me, though. When I hear her start to stir, I subconsciously think it's way earlier than it really is. I nurse her and find myself putting her back in bed...but of course she puts a stop to that real quick and lets me know that is not happening! Oh well, I do love more outside play time with my babies.


Thomas won't be too thrilled when he sees that this little Diva is really his son. It's a comicable dispute we've had going for years. He's very much a manly, gender stereotype, and believes our son should follow suit. He wrinkles his face in disapprovement when Tommy is drawn to something that could even remotely be considered feminine. I say 'let kids be kids!' I want Tommy to have a compassionate side to him. In fact, that is very much in his nature. He still has a 'lovey'.. a stuffed black dog he named Trixie, that he sleeps with every night.

We used to have a black lab named Trixie, but we ended up giving her to another family that could better suit her needs. Trixie was a very energetic, hyperactive dog, and didn't know how to be gentle with the kids. I couldn't let them out back without getting clawed up. Of course she had the best intentions; she just wanted to play! But she just wasn't a good match for our family, so we found another family with several acres of farmland who were more than thrilled to take her in. Okay, moving on. I tend to go off in tangents here and there.



Emma is definitely a more rough and tumble kind of child. She beats up her older brother, if that tells you anything. Tommy was always a gentle child. Emma, on the other hand, will rough you up in any opportunity she is given. She's a slapper, a shrieker, a pincher.. the works! But I love her all the same. Even if I already feel we have more than filled our child female quota. I want boys from here on out! Okay, so I'm joking, but really.. she's just 14 months old and already quite the diva.


I mentioned Tommy's lovey, so lets talk about Emma's beloved gloworm. Several months ago she spotted Mr. Glo on a Toys R Us shelf and demanded he be placed in her hands. Turns out we wouldn't be leaving the store without him. & yes, I'm aware that there is a Mrs. Glo on the shelves as well, but Emma knew which one she wanted. She sleeps with him every night. We have a routine at bedtime. Bath, jammies, teeth get brushed, and then her last nursing session for the night. She nurses and then I cuddle her for a few moments telling her "It's night-night time". When I lay her in her crib, I *must* turn on Mr. Glo. She will then wrap her little arm over his belly and continue to press his belly until she falls asleep. Luckily he has a long battery life.

There's not much on the agenda for today. I already ran the only errand I had and that was to pick up Thomas' check and deposit it. Now the kids are watching Scooby Doo before we go play outside. I'm thinking we'll get nice and dirty in the back yard before lunch and naptime at noon.

3 comments:

  1. Tommy always reminds me so much of Jordan when he was little. Lucy and Emma seem to be a lot alike too. Caroline's even worse, haha. ;) And Jordan's so nice about it, too. They both beat him up any chance they get.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is adorable they both have lovies. Neither of my girls did.. and im debating on if reese will. He loves his blankets though.. cant sleep without one near him or his face {{ DRIVES ME BATTY cause im afraid its too close to his face! }} but he'll also chew on it and it calms him down.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't know you had blogger!!! If you need any help or tips I'm here Im a blogger nerd. Glad you are back I always loved your post!

    ReplyDelete